Best High End 1080p HDMI Cable - Quality HDTV CL2 cables have a great review
Item Code: 1080phdmi
Our <$130 50 foot HDMI cable is rated the lowest priced cable that meets the tough Secrets HDMI Cable Benchmark Review!Secrets of Home Theater said in August 2006: "HDTV Supply sells all kinds of cables, switchers, and extenders for HDMI and DVI. In the 50 foot version, they offer a tin-plated as well as silver-plated. Silver is a very good conductor, so I would suggest getting that option ($189.95) with a long cable like this (we tested the tin-plated version, not the silver-plated). The cable is quite thick, so it is best suited for placement inside a wall rather than under a rug. As such, it is also a bit less flexible than other cables, but that is not necessarily a problem. The review unit passed the tests with no difficulties. They specify testing to 1080p resolution, but state that you may need an HDMI booster (repeater) with some sources. At less than $200 for this 50 foot cable, even with the silver-plated conductors, it represents an excellent value."
1080p HDMI CABLE FEATURES:
- This 1080p HDMI cable is tested to 480i / 480p / 720p / 1080i and 1080p (1920 x 1080 @60Hz) to assure you of the best picture available today with ANY cable
- Pure copper center conductor to support longer lengths
- HD DVD and Blu-ray DVD player compatible
- Many 25 foot and longer cables are UL CL2 rated for in-wall installations and inspection - shows UL CL2 on jacket for inspectors
- 24 Kt gold plated connectors
- Superb build quality to look good in your home theater
- Very accurate 100 ohm impedance to prevent detail robbing standing waves
- Provides full bandwidth playback of native Dolby® Digital Plus and Dolby TrueHD signals decoded as well as executes bass management and other DSP functionality if the correct equipment is used.
- HDCP copy protection compliant
The next generation of HDTV's will have 1080p resolution, nearly twice what we have today...and todays HDMI cables will not be able to transfer the 1080p signal needed to accommodate this demanding resolution.
The wire used in this 1080p tested HDMI cable is a large copper based 24 AWG gauge wire (minimum) to transmit the fast 1080p signal. The 3 foot to 15 foot HDMI cables are made with a tough net jacket. The HDMI specification handles high-bandwidth, uncompressed video and multi-channel digital audio as well, all in one cable. These cables are HDCP compliant.
Some of the longer cables are CL2 rated for use inside walls and feature a flame retardant jacket that helps to diminish the potential of fire spreading between floors.
Our best 1080p HDMI cable has 22 AWG wire and is tin or silver plated. It gives you a better chance of seeing a pristine high definition picture with longer cable lengths without using a 1080p HDMI booster
The 3 foot to 35 foot HDMI to HDMI cables support resolutions up to 1080p. The 50 foot through 100 foot HDMI cables support resolutions up to 1080i. With an HDMI Booster the cables are good for resolutions up to 1080p if your HDMI source can drive a long cable.
One of the advantages of our HDMI cables is that it can carry HDTV video signals and 8-channel digital audio in one cable, and still has bandwidth to spare. This means that you can have just one cable running, for example, from your DVD player, HDTV cable or satellite box to a home theater receiver or HDTV.
The audio portion of this HDMI cable has been tested and is compliant with the following audio standards:
- Dolby Digital
- Dolby Digital Plus
- Dolby TrueHD (2 CH)
Tests performed on the 1080p HDMI video cable:
- 1080p Video frequency response-0 Hz to 148.5 MHz +-__db
- Audio frequency response - 0 Hz to 50 KHz, +- __db
- 24 KT gold plating connector inspection ____ Pass, ____ Fail
- Total cable inspection ____ Pass, ____ Fail
- HDCP Copy Protection Compliancy ____ Pass, ____ Fail
- Dolby Digital Audio Compliancy ____ Pass, ____ Fail
- DTS Audio Compliancy ____ Pass, ____ Fail
- HDMI 1.3 Compliance ____ Pass, ____ Fail
- Series Resistance _____ohms, or immeasurable _____
- Parallel Resistance ___ohms or immeasurable ____
- Series Capacitance _____picofarads, or immeasurable _____
- Parallel Capacitance _____picofarads or immeasurable_____
- Series Inductance _____microhenries, or immeasurable ____
- Parallel Inductance _____microhenries, or immeasurable ____
- Phase shift between wires ___degrees, or immeasurable____
- Crosstalk between wires _____db, or immeasurable _____
This 1080p HDMI cable is HDCP Compliant. HDCP (high bandwidth digital content protection) is a standard encoded into the video signal to prevent it from being pirated. If a source device is HDCP coded and is connected to a DVI display or projector without the proper HDCP decoding mechanism, the picture is relegated to "snow" or in some cases, very low (480p) resolutions of the images.
In order to see HDTV with HDCP compliance, both the source, the display and any device in between must be equipped with HDMI connections that can enable HDCP decoding, such as this 1080p HDMI cable.
1080p HDMI Cable Features:
- Video Resolutions up to 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p and data rates of 5Gbps
- 24K Gold Plated Copper Connector Shell
- 24K Gold Plated Contacts
- PVC jacket, 100% Aluminum/Mylar foil shield, tinned copper braiding and 100% Tinned Steel shield. (Connectors: HDMI Male to Male)
- Complies with HDMI specifications v1.1
- Contact Resistance 10 milli-Ohm max
- TMDS FEXT: 5% max
- Great for HDTV, DVR, PVR, satellite, computer monitors, and video projectors, including plasma, rear projection, DFP, DLP and LCD types
- Provides the highest quality video without ghosting or signal loss
- Standard gold plated HDMI plug on each end
- Great for DVD and home theatre
- PC, Mac, and HDTV compatible
- Extremely high bandwidth
- Gas injected dielectric
- Impedance matched
- Triple shielded
- Molded ends
- Oxygen free wire
- Fully complies with the HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) standard, including the TMDS (Transition Minimized Differential Signaling) specifications. Not many HDMI cables can say that.
- UL listed
All of our cables have gold plated connectors which resist corrosion 100 times better then non-plated connectors. Many home theater applications require the cables be installed inside walls, fireplaces or other moisture rich areas and using our gold plated connectors assures you that you will not have any future corrosion issues that may result in a bad high definition picture.
Ferrite coils suppress external spurious signal frequencies up to 500 MHz so they don't get in your high definition signal. The ferrite coil filter provides common-mode filtering for this 1080p rated HDMI cable. Ferrite's are only needed and provided on the longer HDMI cables.